Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The future. Upon finding out what I am majoring in, I always get the question ‘what do you want to do with that’. Rule the world in the name of woman, but as that is highly improbable, I tell them human rights, specifically women’s rights. Except who knows if that is really what will happen. I almost always start with the disclaimer ‘well ideally I’d like to…’ The future is only known to God. I need to trust more, trust I will be placed in a job that will be God’s will. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future” Jeremiah 29:11. My favorite verse.

Bolton got the appointment! I understand and respect that President Bush does have the right to do that and that it is not unheard of to make such decisions/appointments while congress is not in session. However to appoint a man that is hotly contested by Republicans and democrats alike is another story. Mr. Bolton will now be representing the American people to the United Nations. It is not so much Americans that I feel sorry for but the rest of the world. This is a man who has been guilty of falsifying intelligents reports so that they correspond with his own views.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home