Monday, January 11, 2010

New Years Resolutions and New Conversations...

The best way to keep one's resolutions is to be held accountable to them. So I will tell those few who read this monologue my resolutions for the year in hopes that when you ask me how well I am keeping these new goals I'll actually have done some of them.

Resolution #1: Floss regularly
I was recently at my dentist while home in the windy city and was asked by my dentist how often I flossed. "Its hard to put an exact number on that" was my reply. The reason its hard to quantify the number of flossings my teeth experience is because it only happens when I find something stuck in them. Other than that, I don't floss. May my dental student friend forgive me for this.

Resolution #2: Read one faith book a month.
"Read a book about The Book" as a friend put it. A sister gave me another Donald Miller book for Christmas which I haven't started yet but must finish by the end of the month if Im to keep on this resolution kick. I want to read more books by Elizabeth Elliot, Rob Bell, Brain McLaren, Anne Lamott, among others.

Resolution #3: The Year of Amber
I will once again become comfortable with being alone, I will recuperate, I will be content and even reach happiness along the way. I will save, I will travel back to Europe, I will weekend in Mexico, I will read, I will buy treats for myself, I will pay off debts, I will give, I will contribute and I will work hard.

A conversation I had with someone a few weeks ago has been on my mind. Someone said the opposite of Fear is Love. I took quite a bit of time as it were to consider this idea and decided that I do not agree. The opposite of Fear is not Love. If you want to know why I disagree you will have to ask me why.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny H said...

the new Don Miller is really good, a great book to read at the beginning of the year because it will inspire you live a deeper life. And thats what I got Jeremy for Christmas too

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home