Sunday, April 09, 2006

Psalm 19: 1-4
For the heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.

Once again I am putting in a plug for Rob Belle and Mars Hill. Go to the website and listen to the Palm Sunday message. This passage from Psalms was put up during a pause in the worship song. While reading it I had this powerful image of the beauty of creation speaking so powerfully to the power and creativity of God. Also came across this quote yesterday by St. Francis of Assisi (which made me think of the movie Millions, which is soo cute- go see it!)

"Preach the gospel with all your heart, and, if necessary, use words"

To change the subject completely...last night I saw Capote. I have now seen all of the best picture nominations: Crash, Brokeback Mountain, Munich, Good Night and Good Luck, and Capote. Philip Seymore Hoffman most certaintly deserved the Oscar he won for the role of Truman Capote. I did not like the emphasis placed on leading the audience to feel for the killer though. I did not feel that he was worthy of sympathy. I also found it interesting how it was almost ironic how the people of the times were, prejustice and racist towards what was the slightest bit different, yet Capote himself represented that and he was accepted, not immediatly granted, but well liked and saught after. Intersting film. I recommend seeing it.

1 Comments:

Blogger beholdhowfree said...

That's always been one of my favorite St. Francis quotes.
What did you think of "Crash?" I loved it.

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home