Friday, August 22, 2008

One of the most discouraging things is to drive around a city at anytime between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and know that the majority of the city is currently working. That they are at work, that they have jobs. Struggling to get employed I search day after day, allowing myself to apply to jobs farther and father from what I ideally want to be doing.

I had one interview this morning, however was very discouraged upon learning it was a part time job and getting the feeling that the supervisor was a micromanager. So the search continues.

Knowing only one other person in the city makes it more of a challenge. How do you convey your utter loneliness and increasing anxiety over not having a job while still giving that person space and acknowledging that they are going through a transition of their own? I know I need to establish my own connections and life. But its no fun to explore on your own and hard to meet knew people when you have no job.

So the search continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home