Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The last two weeks have been draining, fun and all new. So many things have been on my mind through it all- faith, relationships, lack of relationships, family, and money. I hate money. I hate how it drives us, how it controls us. But really this is nothing new to those of you who know me, just another complaint of mine. But there have been uplifting or content moments through this experience as well. Spent hours on the beach, reading, thinking, walking and writing letters. Very therapeutic for me. Also went to millennium park Sunday afternoon to hear the Chicago Symphony orchestra play. My musically inclined friends would have been so proud of me.
Starting to get into my internship now. This week promises to be very educational. I feel that I can actually be of help and make a, small but meaningful, difference. The environment is one of cultural diversity. Today I talked with the person I shall be shadowing for the next few weeks, he is a refugee from Sudan, lived in Uganda, Egypt and now the US for the past 5 years. We talked of Africa, governments and those forgotten by the world. A rare chance to talk with someone who was not only interested but experience and well informed about it all. Got me all excited just talking about what I have a passion for with another like minded individual who was completely different than myself yet we had this common interest in which we could bond over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home