Sunday, January 28, 2007

Don't claim to be a fan of the Chicago Bears and say you follow the team and yet not know they are going to the Superbowl.

I just returned from four days in Bath. Had a wonderful time as usual. While there I popped into Jolly's to peruse what was left of their after Christmas sales. I found more than one beautiful £300 dress on clearance for £50. My only problem being I had nothing to wear them too. Someday...Anyways it was while admiring them that I noticed a man pass me wearing a Chicago Bears jacket. I watched him for about 30 seconds in awe that I was in the middle of a department store in Bath, England and the guy next to me had a Bears jacket on. I casually strolled up to him and with a big grin asked " So you going to the Superbowl?". My question was met with a confused look. I pointed to his jacket and said "The Chicago bears, they're doing well, you going to see them play the Superbowl". Still looking confused he stumbled to tell me he liked to support them and tried to keep up with how the team was doing. I then informed him that they were doing quite well and were going to the Superbowl. With an embarrassed and still confused look he said "oh great". Do not pretend to be a fan of an American football team if you don't even know that they are going to the Superbowl. As my Dad pointed out, it would be like wearing a Beckham jersey and not knowing who Manchester United was, or now L.A. Galaxy. I mean come on, I hate American Football, but even I know that they Bears are going to the Superbowl!

I have one more semester of classes to go but have no desire to actually start classes again. I can already tell this will be a long semester. I don't want to be in school anymore. I want to be done, I want to be working. No doubt, this feeling will be short lived. But for now, I want to be in the 'real world'. I want to be earning an income and be able to put some of this education, passion, and interest to good use. I want to stop living like a college student.

Before classes do start I am going to try to get as much reading done as possible. I have almost finished reading Barak Obama's new book Audacity of Hope. Its a great book- he has my vote when he decides to run for President. His book touches on Politics, Senate history, his own experiences and history, as well as a brief outline of what seems to be his ideas for change and policy. I will spare you more details as I know many of you regular readers don't care nor want to hear of my liberal rantings. I'll just say that it is a well written book, that Obama is a man of integrity and he will be president some day. I also want get started on some initial research for my tentative dissertation idea.

Side note of interest: I burned the left side of the roof of my mouth today on a potato. I now have a small patch where the first layer of skin has been scorched off and now emits intense pain whenever my tongue touches it. Which happens to be pretty much constantly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home