Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I have heard from more than one person that I seem to be spending not only a lot of time but also a lot of money on travelling. I feel I need to justify or at least explain my affinity to constant travel. I do acknowledge I have been a little bit of a mini jet-setter in the last few months, but traveling around Europe can be done very cheaply. I can fly round trip from London to Geneva for relatively the same amount it costs for my to take the train from Chicago to Grand Rapids. I can take the train to to and from Bath for £18 or roughly $36 and when I do go to Geneva or Bath I stay with friends or family leaving my expenses while there to be little to none. Besides, when else am I going to be able to go to Edinburgh for the weekend at the drop of a hat. This is where I tell you that tomorrow my two friends and I will be boarding a bus for a nine hour ride north to Edinburgh where we'll be till Sunday afternoon.

Last time I was in the city of Edinburgh was in the summer of 2000 with my family, prior to moving back to the States. What I remember of the city is nothing less than glowing. It will be interesting to see how my memory and experience then live up to my up coming adventure there. In summer the city was bathed in light until 11pm, that will certainly not be the case this time. I remember the city being divided into two, one side was new ( only a couple hundred years old) and the other old ( hundreds and hundreds of years old). I remember the streets to be clean and filled with friendly Scots. This time I'll be traveling with two boys as apposed to my family and staying in a hostel. This will be my first time staying in a hostel and traveling exclusively with boys. Let the adventure begin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home