Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Miss Jane Austin...

What a writer Miss Austin is! I picked up Pride and Prejudice a few weeks ago thinking I would make an attempt at reading it. I was not sure if I would properly be able to immerse myself in the pages being so familiar with the many film adaptations of her works. The felicity gained, not to mention the many additions to my vocabulary with words like 'felicity' I can hardly begin to express. Upon greater contemplation it also amazes me that a woman could write with such...I don't even know, a quality that makes her words to this day contribute to such a great work of literary art. I greatly look forward to my next Austin literary encounter.

On a much less interesting or exciting note, I have found employment. Before the Angels sound their angelic trumpets, its part-time employment, retail at that. I am thankful for the gainful employment despite its lack of virtue and hope that it shall be a short return to the retail world at that. The prayer of and search for a position more clearly within my interest is still being pursued I assure you.

I have also began the process of seeking a small group to join within The Rock Church I have been attending since my move here. I big step to some and a needed step for me. From the first meeting I can already tell that I shall be better engaged within this group that the few weeks I spent trying to give my small group back home a chance. That group, I do not hesitate to state, failed miserable in providing a growing, interactive, interesting, worthwhile experience and environment, for me at least. The group of interesting, thoughtful and diverse women I met last night, however, I have great hopes for. If nothing other than meeting new people comes of it I shall be thankful enough. Although, I feel I have already been led there by God and hope that He has much more to teach me, remind me, and show me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Amber, I miss you! I'm glad you are able to work a little, even if it is retail. And I'm glad you found a small group! Chris and I have finally found a church that we're feeling fairly connected with and joined a small group (sure it has four of our friends already in it, but that's just a perk!).

In other news, Chris got a new job in Holland! So we're packing up and moving to Zeeland (temporarily renting in my parents' basement) and searching for a house of our own.

God bless!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home