Saturday, May 06, 2006

Two weeks from this moment I will be a college graduate. And what's on the mind of a soon to be college grad? Nothing scholarly I assure you.

Found my graduation dress last night and I love it. Simple but cute, fun but professional. My summer plans are still in the misted of being finalized. Will be a summer work supervisor for middle school and high schoolers. I think it will be a challenge but a good.

Went on a run today. First time since Spring of 2004, I kid you not and it took the end of a relationship to get me to do that one. I don't run. Today confirmed that. I hate running. I always feel sick afterwards.

I think I could write a cookbook entitled "Cooking with Ketchup". I add ketchup to anything bland and sort of use it as a substitute for salt and also use it in my cooking. I have a roommate that finds this very bizarre and gross.

There was an article in the New York Times this week that caught my eye. "An Ugly Side of Free Trade: Sweatshops in Jordan" by Steven Greenhouse and Michael Barbaro. Mentioned Target as a possible recipient of sweatshop labor products. This greatly sadden my heart for multiple reasons. I do not want to stop shopping at Target. I love this store. I know I will greatly miss it in England next year. Yet, as 'you' know, I have stopped shopping at GAP, and Old Navy and absolutely refuse to shop at Walmart for this very reason.

2 Comments:

Blogger beholdhowfree said...

Congrats on finishing your college degree! You is edjukated.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Eli said...

hey, i hope to see you while i am here. i am at are granparents right now. i saw your mom , dad and little sister earlier today. congrats and best of wishes on the upcoming graduation.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home