Thursday, October 27, 2005

So, to tell the full story of today I really need to start last Tuesday. Last Tuesday I lost my U-pass. This pass allows me to go on any bus and or train anywhere in the city as much as I want for the semester. this pass is very useful and very important-so of course I lost it. A week ago today I went downtown early before work to get it replaced. I paid my $35 replacement fee, was told it would be mailed to my school in 5 to 7 days. Fine, then of course I ask what I do in the mean time to get around the city. I then learned I would be paying out of pocket to get around until my new U-pass arrived. Well that sucks but whatever ill just have to deal. I buy a 7 day pass for $20. Today that pass ran out. I make sure to buy yet another pass, a 2 day pass for $9 today. I go to work. I was supposed to leave work at 1045 in order to get a client and take her to her doctor’s appointment. As usual things went awry. Chaos ensued. I was asked to make approximately 345.7 and a half photocopies while being asked questions and getting the usual teasing from the Congolese brothers. Finally get out of the office, go to pick up the client only to find we her husband has yet to return home and we have to take her 18-month-old son with us. It was on the way to the hospital with her that I discovered the 2-day pass I paid for was in fact a one-way pass.

Her appointment was at 1pm; an hour later she went in to see the doctor. At this point her adorable son decided to have separation anxiety. He cried on and off for two hours then slept for an hour. When he wasn’t crying he was only kept at a whimper by constant movement. Which was only sufficient if I was standing. Any time I tried to sit down the crying immediately ensued. We finally left the place just before 5. The next fun thing to happen to me was when my wallet was almost stolen. Just after reaching in my bag to grab a notebook to write directions for the client I felt my bag move. I turn around to see a man with a scarf draped over his arm and his hand in my bag. I being a patient and rational person preceded to yell at him. WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE GRABBING IN THERE?!! Of course this was all happening as the client was asking if the train about to leave from the platform was the one she wanted and where she was to get off and…it was the first mini panic attack of the evening.

My next panic attack happened when I arrived at the CS office to pick up my U-pass which I had called early that day to make sure it had arrived. Upon arrival I found the office locked. I should also mention I had been drinking a lot of water today and had yet to pee. About 10 minutes later someone arrived to open the office at which point the frantic search for the U-pass began. It was frantic because I had a friend coming in on the train and was to meet him at 615. After a few phone calls and an extensive search of all the offices on the floor the U-pass was found.

Had dinner with your friend and mine the worship leader from Houston, Texas (with the great personality). It was a good time to wined down from the stress of the day. As usual we talked of deeply and laughed a lot. Our topics ranged from compassion overload, denial dating, birth control, Bollywood films and much more.

Tomorrow I turn 22. Holy Cow.


Post a Comment

<< Home